Thursday, March 7, 2013

Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Coriander Quinoa

I'm often asked "don't you get sick of eating vegetables all the time?!" Absolutely not! I am constantly discovering new ways to approach vegetables that I don't think I'll ever get sick of them. I've been on a roasted vegetable kick during these cold months and when I stumbled across this recipe for Whole Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower from my favorite blogging goddess, I knew I had to give it a try. On her post, Sarah goes into depth about the goodness of each spice. I created my own mix of similar spices, but it was nice to read about the benefits of each. Instead of yogurt, I used Coconut Kefir which allowed the spices to form into a thick marinade which coated the cauliflower. I let it sit overnight before roasting the whole thing. When it came out of the oven, I sliced it like a cake! 


 While I totally could have eaten the entire head of cauliflower and called it a day (or a dinner) I knew that I would want some whole grains to accompany it. Enter: coriander quinoa. In a pan, simply toast some coriander seeds (partially crushed either in a morder and pestle or with the back of a spoon). Add the quinoa to the pot and toast until it turns light brown. Add mung beans, any remaining spices (I used the leftover blend from the cauliflower) and water and bring to a boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes. Turn off the heat, add a pinch of salt, fluff with a fork, cover the pot and let it sit for 5 additional minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment