Friday, December 16, 2011

I've been a vewrrrry good girl this year :))

Holiday Wishlist 2011*

Totally already ordered this iphone case for myself. Ooops I just couldn't hold back!
While it's not being prescribed as a cure for seasonal affective disorder just yet, the Bright Blind is sure to lighten one's spirit in dark, sad abodes and office spaces worldwide. Made of electroluminescent (EL) sheets, Makoto Hirahara's Bright Blind simulates a window where none exists. The artificial blind functions in exactly the way you might guess; turn the plastic stick and control the brightness!.
Finally, a cute bike helmet! I ride my bike around NYC all the time and have even been in a (minor) accident before, yet I don't own a bike helmet because I have yet to find one that is actually cute enough to wear.


I don't know about you, but the heat in my apartment has been making me feel shriveled up like a raisin. Made out of cedar, the Mast requires no plugs. While it's definitely not as powerful as some of the electric models listed here, it's certainly more ecological. The bottom is filled with water and dispersed through the fan shaped sheets of cypress at the top at a rate about six times that of a glass of water. The humidifier is also made by artisans, not machines so expect it to take about a month for yours to be made. We like the artful shape, environmental friendliness and woody smell in the air this humidifier provides. Forewarning, the page for the Mast is in Japanese.

**Nerdy-tech Alert** but how good of an idea is this?
The Belkin Conserve Socket plugs into any household outlet and automatically stops the flow of energy, including standby power, to outlets using an adjustable timer. Not only is this outlet better in terms of safety (devices that are left plugged in can be prone to electrical malfunction or fire) but is helpful in reducing electricity bills and conserving resources.


No comments:

Post a Comment